Hi! I'm a Latter-Day-Saint (Mormon)...but I'm definitely not typical...

Tuesday, April 16

Not My Plan

      I am constantly reminded that this life I am living is a blessing and gift to me from my Heavenly Father. How do I know this you ask? Well...great question! I will answer that for you :) I was speaking with a friend the other day about how I believe that Heavenly Father (God;) will do EVERYTHING in his power to keep us in his grasp and Satan far from us. I will share a bit of personal information with you...although I do it with a bit of hesitation as it is a very sacred experience to me...so please have this in mind as you read further.
      I am sure many if not all of you have experienced being led or guided through your life through instinct, intuition, gut, God, Mother Nature..etc. I believe that the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit leads and guides me as I allow His influence into my life. As a member of the Mormon (LDS) faith, I know that the Holy Ghost is a comforter, sent to me by a loving Heavenly Father so that I am not left alone to wander about throughout this life not knowing where to go. Although agency is given as a gift, sometimes I need more direction. Sometimes we ask friends and family to help us make decisions...yes...but I believe that my Heavenly Father will listen to any question, problem, pleas, etc. that I bring before Him and lead me with the spirit (Holy Ghost) to where I need to go and what decisions are the best.
      Ok, with this in mind, NOW I will tell you my experience. Awhile ago I went through a difficult time...well, not even that long ago. It all started around January of 2010. I went through a difficult time with heartbreak and finances and went into a bit of a tail spin. I didn't realize what was going on inside of me until about July or August of 2011 when I was living in SLC, Utah and called my mom and said..."I think I'm depressed." She told me she already knew and had tried to let me know but I guess I was just not quite ready to hear it.
      I set in motion an insane work-out routine with a personal trainer, met with a counselor a few times, spent alot of time alone baking, went through ten-sessions of massage called structural integration (VERY deep tissue), and spent time with my brothers to eventually pull myself out of it. It took patience, determination and perseverance. It is amazing what a little work can do :) I definitely hesitate to share all of this in such detail but feel at the moment that I must and hopefully someone is meant to benefit from it all. As I was living in Utah I had planned to spend at least one more year there before moving back to Boise, ID to finish school. One night I had a dream. It was poignant...it was colorful...I can still see the carpet and even what type it was...it was just so real. It was a dream within a dream. As I talked to friends about it I decided to post it on Facebook and my mom said..."Do you think someone is trying to tell you something?" Never before in my life had I imagined that I would receive personal revelation from my Heavenly Father through a dream. It was obvious through this dream that I was on the wrong path and needed to return back to Boise, ASAP. I waited 4 months until my lease was up, then moved back to Boise. Little did I know I only had 2 more semesters before I could graduate :)
      The point of all of this is to let you know that I know there is a Heavenly Father who loves us!! I truly believe that I was far enough on the wrong path that I was not able to receive the impressions from the spirit that I needed and therefore was blessed with a dream.
      Because I moved back to Boise, I have been blessed with the opportunity to join Institute Choir, which is like a church choir composed of mostly young single adults who are attending religious classes at an Institute building across from the university camps. I was also asked to lead the choir as one of their Student Directors this semester and it was such a blessing to me! Since I am graduating and older I will be done with choir after this semester and it definitely has pulled with my heart strings. Also, I have formed stronger friendships than I would have ever expected I could with some girl friends here in Boise. I have formed many friendships but these have been the best for me by far. I have met such wonderful supportive people, I could not have asked for more. Also I have started my own business since I have been living here...MY OWN BUSINESS?! I am not an entrepreneur, people!! At least...I never would have thought that I could be. Caring for beautiful children...so fun and such a blessing!!

And to think...I would have been waiting in Utah probably still twiddling my thumbs at this time.

Heavenly Father's plan is GREATER than mine...there is no doubt about that!
 Love you all dearly :)
Jamee

No comments:

Post a Comment