Hi! I'm a Latter-Day-Saint (Mormon)...but I'm definitely not typical...

Thursday, April 11

My Mind Is a Spiderweb

You are probably thinking...a spiderweb?? What the heck, Jamee, what does that even mean?!
Well, in thinking about this blog post, I seriously debated whether or not I would keep my blog private or public. There is SO MUCH on my mind that I want to be specific and say "blah blah blah" happened with "Blah" and then..."blah!!" So there are all of the juicy details!! BUT...this does not need to be an open forum for my extremely personal life.  Sorry T Swift but I am not you...I do not have the bravery to say exact names and circumstances. The last thing I would want would be for the person I decide to write about to come across my blog and possibly feel offended or not like that I have been so public with something that they may have wanted to keep private. I have defnitely learned to not be that way from past experiences. But I will tell you all that my natural tendencies are to just lay EVERYTHING out there and go..."whew! That feels better! Now...have fun with all of THAT information that I just threw up to you." haha. True...but not always necessary :)

Anyway, with that being said, I want to be able to keep my blog public so that those who may be interested in the workings of a brain like mine, or interested at all in the Mormon/LDS religion, and what we are all about, or at least what I am about, then they have something hopefully fun and interesting to read. :) AND...it is good practice for me to always be kind, nice and accepting of all. We all have our judgmental tendencies and I truly pray that I am improving in being more accepting of all.
Now that I have told you all of that I am trying to remember what was pressing on my brain so much that I had to jump on my blog to tell you about it! Um...um...um...ohoh. Well...how do I say this? Sometimes I ruminate on things that don't need to be analyzed. Like earlier, for example. I was thinking of all that has happened in the past little while with my life and all that is coming up. I finally returned to Boise over a year ago to finally complete school after not having realized I had been gone for 3 years already after a mini-hiatus, and I graduate on May 18th! Ok...I may have mentioned these things already, but they cause me to stop and think. Forgive me but I am going to ramble on in a million different directions and nothing may connect...

 
My niece, Audree, and I this past weekend. I LOVE her!!!
 

I love children and especially babies! I think this may be preeeeettty obvious to those of you who know that I have been running my own childcare/princess party business since July of last year. Precious Princess Services is how I have made money since then and is the only job that I have survived off of. I work regularly for two families and absolutely LOVE my time with them! I remember being afraid to watch children back in the day because I thought if I did I would get sick of kids and not want my own. HA! What was I thinking?! Hanging out with children definitely fulfills my needs and makes me less of an "I want to get married to have babies" kind of girl. I think it has made me more of an "I definitely don't want 6 kids any more" type of girl. hahaha! But, that being said, whatever Heavenly Father wants for me, I will accept! Honestly, I accept this. I love my life as it is! I have amazing opportunities to serve, love, lead, learn, etc. and can't imagine having more opportunities like that!

Recently we watched General Conference which is on twice a year - when our prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and his counselors and the twelve apostles speak to us, as well as any others high in authority in the church. I was SO SO touched and happy with the talk by Elder Jefferey R. Holland (an all-time favorite) who spoke about not being "fake" but moving forward with whatever faith that you have and building upon it. He said that we have more faith than we know. I LOVE that message! The whole thing :) I try to keep my heart and mind on the fact that I know that there is a specific plan for me in this life and that as I pray to be guided I may continue to fulfill this plan. http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/lord-i-believe?lang=eng - The whole talk can be found here...and that is just what I took from it. Obviously, we all take what we want and need from everything that we come across in life...that is the amazing thing about perspective and agency!

There was so much more on my mind but I believe that it is shutting down since it's almost 2am! I love all of you so much! Anyone who I may not know...I love you as well :)

Jamee

No comments:

Post a Comment